Friday 2 December 2011

Madvark

Madvark pin-up for Madman All-New Giant-Size Super-Ginchy Special (2011)
Madman cover by Mike Allred, Pin-up art by Dave Sim

MIKE ALLRED:
(from an interview at Comic Book Resources, March 2011)
So right from the beginning of Madman, there was this big invitation to other artists to come play in our backyard and do their interpretations of my characters. It's one of those pinch-me moments when I look back and see all the people who have been a part of this world. Everybody from Jack Kirby and Dave Stevens to my best friends in the field now, people like Darwyn Cooke and Paul Pope. It's a party -- that's what it is! It's always a thrill to open it up and have a new Madman project. I hope that's what people get when they get these specials, because beyond the three back-up stories, there's a whole bunch of new pin-ups by more artists. You really get knocked down by how many variations you see of these characters, and nobody is more excited about seeing what's done than I am. 

In return for Dave Sim's Madvark pin-up, Mike Allred provided Dave with the cover to Glamourpuss #19 (May 2011):

No comments: