Friday 3 February 2012

I Have To Live With This Guy!

I Have To Live With This Guy! (Tomorrows Publishing, 2002)
by Blake Bell , cover art by Bill Everett

PUBLISHER'S BLURB:
Will Eisner does what? Alan Moore said that? Dave Sim is really like that? Take a deep look into what its been like living with comic book creators over the past 60 years, with the people who know them best! This trade paperback explores the lives of the partners and wives of Will Eisner, Alan Moore, Stan Lee, Joe Kubert, Harvey Kurtzman, John Romita, Gene Colan, Dan DeCarlo, Dick Ayers, Archie Goodwin, Ric Estrada, Dave Sim, Howard Cruse, Dave Cooper and more! In addition to sharing memories and anecdotes you'll find nowhere else, their better halves have opened up private files to unearth personal photos, momentos, and never-before-seen art by the top creators in comics! Once you've read this book, you'll see: You only thought you knew them!

DAVE SIM:
(from Cerebus TV, Season 3 Episode 7, 16 December 2011)
...I never read Deni [Loubert]'s part in Blake Bell’s book I Have To Live With This Guy. The time that came out I told Chester Brown and Joe Matt, "Look, if you want to read it and ask me questions about it, that's fine. I’ll be happy to tell you my side of it - strictly in personal conversation." Joe couldn't believe I wasn’t interested in reading it, but then I stopped reading reviews of my work years ago, so it's even less likely that I would be interested in reading reviews of my life.

2 comments:

Blake Bell said...

Cover art by Bill Everett, not Steve Ditko, adapted from a 1950s Marvel horror book.

A Moment Of Cerebus said...

Thanks Blake. Posted updated.