Saturday 18 January 2014

The X-Files Annual 2014

THE X-FILES ANNUAL 2014
IDW Publishing, $7.99
Writers: Frank Spotnitz, Gabe Rotter, Shannon Eric Denton & Dave Sim
Artists: Stuart Sayger & Andrew Currie
The X-Files writer / producer Frank Spotnitz returns with an untold tale from Mulder and Scully's first stint with the FBI. When a man returns from the dead with a warning for his wife, the agents investigate and cross paths with a very peculiar priest. And in the second story, Cerebus creator Dave Sim writes his first-ever The X-Files story and first scripted licensed work in... forever? with Talk To The Hand, a nightmarish tale starring a sleeping Dana Scully. Variant cover by Dave Sim.
Release Date: April 2014

BLEEDING COOL:
(from Bleeding Cool, 17 December 2013)
The Nerdy Show as just posted an interview with X-Files creator Chris Carter, Joe Harris, and X-Files comic book Season 10's editor Denton Tipton. It's the first joint interview they've done regarding the comic. In it, Denton reveals that there's an Annual coming out in April written by X-Files writer / producer Frank Spotnitz and Ten Thirteen's Gabe Rotter which will also feature a backup comic book story by Dave Sim, which should be fun since Dave has never watched the show. This may also be Dave Sim's first work for hire comic book in quite some time.

8 comments:

Birdsong said...

I don't buy many comics these days, but I want one of these.

Michael said...

Is Dave both writing & drawing the story? Confirmation, please. If so, I look forward to playing "Name that scene."

For the uninformed among us, how does one get ahold of the variant cover if it's not equally distributed?

Anonymous said...

This'll be the first time in like, a decade I will have had anything to do with the X-Files. Guess I need to email my local comic shop.

Kills me that I'm buying books from IDW. Not that I detest them as people or anything, it's just... Christ, almost a sawbuck for an annual? That's typically 60 pages. And yet, 1 penny cheaper than buying two regular IDW books, which are regularly 4 bucks a pop. Aghhh... must stop reading their terrible Godzilla comics.

Hell of a cover, by the way.

-Wesley Smith

Dave Kopperman said...

That is stunning.

Birdsong said...

Michael he is only writing it. To get one contact a comic shop near you or go online and order one. I get my comics from

http://westfieldcomics.com/

and they always offer a discount and you can get the variant cover.

Michael said...

Thanks, David!

Geoffrey D. Wessel said...

Just throwing it out there for my pal Stuart Sayger, he's really fantastic.

Jeff Seiler said...

Man, Dave even got Scully's (or, Gillian's) ubersexy overbite in both drawings of her! I don't care if it's on film or in a Sim drawing, I would still do her in a heartbeat. Even as the therapist in that (relatively) new TV show that I just watched on DVD and yet somehow can't remember the name of just now. . .in an effing heartbeat!