Sunday 9 November 2014

Gary Spencer Millidge: Meanwhile...

Meanwhile... #1
£4.95/$7.95
On Sale: October 2014

GARY SPENCER MILLIDGE:
(from the Strange Maven Blog, 12 September 2014)
Just to recap, in case you haven't been paying attention, Strangehaven is returning in all-new stories as part of a new (technically revived) ongoing British anthology book called Meanwhile… (complete with those three little dots at the end)... It will be a 52-page 'golden-age' format comic book (i.e. a bit wider than your usual comic), containing a mixture of colour and black and white strips. There's a sixteen page episode of Strangehaven which follows on from issue 18 of the regular series (or from the end of Conspiracies if you've followed the series in collected form), as well as a new continuing series from the excellent team who brought you The Man Who Laughs, David Hine and Mark Stafford. There are also contributions from Chris Geary, Yuko Rabbit and Sally Jane Thompson...

(Click image to enlarge)
via Facebook, 3 November 2014

GARY SPENCER MILLIDGE:
(from an interview at The Sardinian Connection, 27 October 2014)
...The whole of the book was plotted out some time ago. After finishing issue 12 - which completed book two - I decided that Strangehaven would be a four book series, even though I didn't publicly proclaim that at the time. So I sat down and plotted out the next two books, and I've been working to that template since. There have been tweaks and adjustments over the years, but I wanted to remain true to my original vision for the series. Even though there's been no Strangehaven published since 2005, it's never been off my desk. Even while I've been working on other things, I've been pulling together bits of information and collating all the visual research required, experimenting with modifications to my rendering techniques and so on...

No comments: