Tuesday 11 December 2012

Gerhard's Photos: Boogie Nights

GERHARD:
Jeff Tundis had posted a bunch of my old photos on his Art of Gerhard website quite a while ago. I've just started going through my old photos again and here are a few that aren't on his website.
Boogie Nights: Dave getting' down at one of the many parties at Camp Woolner; a tiny cottage-type house out in the country with a pond and no neighbours where I lived and partied. I remember taking a cab home one night, telling the driver that I wanted to go to 200 Woolner Dr and was about to give him directions. He says, "Oh, it's okay, I know where that is." How did he know that? "Party House," he says.

Gerhard provided background art to Dave Sim's cast of Cerebus characters between issue #65 (August 1984) and #300 (March 2004) - contributing to over 4,700 pages of comic art, as well as numerous Cerebus covers and illustrations. Keep up to date on all of Gerhard's current projects at his blog and website, including details of his new book, The Wish.

3 comments:

Daryl Broussard said...

I've just found this site; nice work, thanks for putting forth the effort.

A Moment Of Cerebus said...

Thanks!

Tony Dunlop said...

For some reason I imagine the soundtrack for this scene as "Kung Fu Fighting."